Are Leaking Ducts Costing You More Than You Think?
Something most of us never even think about could be costing you a lot more than you bargained for. Whether your home is old or new, you are prone to leaky air ducts. And that puts extra stress on your HVAC system – not to mention your wallet.
– DID YOU KNOW? –
- Nearly 50% of the average homes energy bill is spent on heating and air conditioning. Duct leakage in homes costs consumers $25 billion each year
- On average, 30 cents of every $1 you spend on heating and cooking your home disappears into thin air due to leaky ducts
- Leaks pull mold, dust and other pollutants into your home, presenting indoor air quality issues and creating and/or aggravating allergy problems
- Leaks contribute to safety issues relating to backdrafting of gas appliance fumes, auto exhaust and radon gas into our living space
– HAVE YOU NOTICED? –
- Uncomfortably hot or cold rooms
- Excessive humidity
- Excessive dust
- Musty odors or fume smells
- Increasing energy bills
If so, you probably have leaky air ducts. But now there’s a solution. Aeroseal® Duct Sealing is a patented breakthrough technology that tackles leaks from the inside out. Developed in the 1990’s at U.C. Berkeley with funding from the United States Department of Energy. Environmental Protection Agency, California Institute for Energy Efficiency, and Electric Power Research Institute. Additionally, the Department of Energy declared Aeroseal as one of the most beneficial energy technologies for American consumers.
Why Aeroseal®Duct Sealing?
You can see a water leak, but an air leak is invisible. Duct leaks can be difficult and costly to find with ductwork hidden between the walls, floors, and ceilings of any residential home or commercial building. The older, traditional use of mastic (a messy caulk-like substance) or taping of leaks not only is less effective than Aeroseal, but also can be very labor-intensive and expensive and can only be applied to ducts with physical access. Other substances break down over time, but the Aeroseal sealant does not and even has a 10 year warranty to back it up.
Do-it-yourselfers might attempt their own fixes, but what about those ducts you or your HVAC specialist can’t see or access? Let Aeroseal handle the entire job and you won’t be tearing up your home or worried about incomplete seals. Aeroseal pinpoints and covers leaks, in roughly an hour, from the inside out with a success rate of up to 98%. Aeroseal is the most effective, affordable, and viable method of sealing air duct leaks on the market.
In commercial buildings most ducts have none to very limited physical access, which lends Aeroseal to be the only solution in the market which can guarantee results and improvements.
Leaky ducts in a residential home contribute to:
- Loss of cool and warm conditioned air to the outside or unconditioned spaces of your home resulting in high energy bills
- Even the most energy-efficient heating and cooling systems not performing at its best
- Forcing your system to work harder and wear out sooner, costing you yet more money
- Excess humidity levels that can lead to costly home repairs
- Hard to heat or cool rooms leading to discomfort
- Musty odors and other indoor air quality (IAQ) issues
Aeroseal can reduce duct leakage by up to 90%, reduce your energy use by up to 30%. Aeroseal has also been shown to dramatically improve comfort and homeowner satisfaction with their heating and cooling systems.
What are the benefits of Aeroseal® Duct Sealing?
- Airtight savings: The money formerly leaking out of your ducts will stay in your pocket longer
- Airtight comfort: Your hard to heat or cool rooms will have more even temperatures and be more comfortable
- Improved air quality: You will see a reduction in dust and humidity, along with fumes and other odors
- Reaches everywhere: Seals leaks nearly impossible to reach using other methods
- You’ll be a small part of a bigger solution: A reduction of the amount of air pollution created from generating less energy
- Solve your building air flow and ventilation problems
DUCT CLEANING/SEALING PRICING :
Duct cleaning and Sealing for one HVAC system is $2250*
* PLEASE NOTE: A discount will be given for cleaning and sealing if you have multiple systems.